Saturday, August 16, 2008

Nuptial vermicelli knots within the family

Memory Joggers

In this section, I’ve captured some of the marriages within the family. In case one has difficulties in identifying, pls look into the sections above!!!

• TN Vaidyanatha Iyer, (Tanajavur Naganatha Sasthry’s son and brother of Lokanayaki' (cadavasal patti) married his maternal uncle's daughter Pichammal aka peria manni. (d/o Vekatarama Iyer)
• Dr T.V Venkatesan (s/o of T.N.Vaidyanatha Iyer married Lalitha (D/o Muthuramalingam) his maternal uncle's daughter.
• C.R.Kunjithapatham (s/o Cadavasal Rama Iyer and lokanayaki) married his maternal uncle daughter Jaya (d/o T.N.Vaidyanatha Iyer). (Lokanayaki and TNV are brother-sister)
• Gowri (d/o Tanajavur Naganatha Sasthry’s) married R.Appaswamy ( Appaswamy is the Brother in Law of Sattanathapuram Seetharama Iyer)
• SNP Sethuraman (s/o J. Ramani Iyer) married his aunt’s grand-daughter Meenambal ( Meena is the grand-daughter of Meenakshi athai and in turn daughter of Subbulakshmi (to be conformed)
• Mayuram Kittachi athan (s/o Janaki athai) married Baghirathi (Manni patti's own brothers daughter (i.e. he married his mother's own maternal uncle's daughter).
• Sridhar ( s/o of SNP S.Natarajan) married his aunt’s daughter Janaki ( d/o of Mangalam Viswanathan). (Note: This marriage ended in divorce)

1 comment:

CRN said...

Therei is another of these intertwines! Cadavasal Sama athan ( S Swaminatha Iyer married his maternal uncle's( Nataraja Iyer aka Natesa Iyer, Mangalam. Mangalam ATHAI HAD FOUR SISTERS ONE was Rjakka, who lived in Lalgudi.She had one son Narasimhan who was in the Agricultural department of the then Madras state. His wife wasBalam (I do not knpw her full given name) They had no children and lived in Vellore. There is a photo of the couple and me in Vellore, He visited me in 'Krithika" my house in Chennai. His sister was called kutty . Hereagain I do not know her given name. One sister Thirupurasundari was in Thirklavur ( I think that is also Thirukkarugavur. Another was in Gobichettypalayam and her name was perha[ps Gomathi corrupted ti Komu. Kutty, Komu and Komu's son (I think his name was Ramaseshu stayed with us in Cadavasal I can not recall two other sisters. Natesa IYER is said to have had five daughters and lived in the Cadavasal house. I am not sure if CRK Sr, and Natesa Iyer were blood brothers or cousins.
I a in U K on ashort visit, Ifthere be any input by anyone it will bewelcome, We must probe the past and connect the dots, Itwill be a pity if we can not find our roots and the collaterals. It will be to my eternal regret to my grave if I die without paying my homage to generations to whom we oweso much and of whom we know so little. A self-centred self is self immolation, leaving no trace of its footprint